In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First time Selling a Gun a couple of questions

jcm45acpjcm45acp Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I just sold my first gun and I have a question What is the paper work process for transferring it.The FFL will send me his info and I verify it at this point do I need to do any paperwork or send him anything or do I wait to get the payment and I ship the gun to the FFL.
Thanks for any help
John

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    A. DO THE FFL EZ CHECK
    B. RECEIVE FUNDS
    C . SEND THE GUN + YOUR INFO (COPY OF DRIVERS LICENSE, PASS PORT, ECT.)
    D. BUY ANOTHER GUN
  • Options
    oneoldsaponeoldsap Member Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't ship the gun until you have both Payment and FFL ! When you receive FFL you can verify that it's current , and verify the Address by going to BATFE-EasyCheck online . You can only legally ship to the physical Address on the FFL . I would also advise not shipping till the Funds you receive clear your Bank . Trust no one , and you won't get burned !
    Mike
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    What kind of "Gun"? Handgun or rifle/shotgun? Antique, modern or C&R?
  • Options
    jcm45acpjcm45acp Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a handgun a 22lr auto.
    Thanks for the info easier than I thought.
    If I send copy of Drivers license and Pistol permit I should be fine.
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jcm45acp
    It's a handgun a 22lr auto.
    Thanks for the info easier than I thought.
    If I send copy of Drivers license and Pistol permit I should be fine.

Make sure the receiving FFL will and can accept a handgun from a non-licensee. Also, you must ship via FedEx or UPS and follow their rules regarding the shipment of firearms. You can not ship through USPS.

This tutorial will assist you: http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.aspx?faqid=1118
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if i remember right a non-licensee has to ship a modern handgun fedex overnight, so it might be better to ship from it a ffl
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spas12
    if i remember right a non-licensee has to ship a modern handgun fedex overnight, so it might be better to ship from it a ffl
    Yes, either Federal Express (FedEx) OR United Parcel Service (UPS). Only FFL holders may ship a handgun via US Mail. It costs an individual approximately $70.00 to ship a handgun via UPS or FedEx, because they want you to declare it and they insist you ship it via their overnight service....$70.00 worth. Therefore it might turn out to be cheaper to use a FFL, depending upon what they charge you to perform that service. Furthermore, the Buyer's FFL holder might refuse to accept a shipment from an idividual and insist upon receiving the shipment only from another FFL.