In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 38 Super 1929

MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
Long story short, I acquired a first year production Colt about a year ago (see link to previous post below) and just received a letter from Colt Archives. The pistol was originally shipped to the Kennedy Bros. Arms Company in Minneapolis Minnesota in July of 1929, in a shipment of five pistols.
I've tried to do a little research on Kennedy Bros, but have not found an abundance of information. If anyone has any information on this establishment, I would appreciate it. I'd like to try to figure out who the pistol was originally sold to, but that is a long shot.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=472111

Thanks,

Aaron

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    It appears their retail outlet was actually in St. Paul. You might check with the St. Paul library or historical society.

pf051888.jpg
    Interior, Kennedy Brothers Arms, Third and Robert, St. Paul.
    Photographer: Commercial Photo Company
    Photograph Collection ca. 1900

pf009509.jpg
    One of the shops at Kennedy Brothers Arms store, Third and Robert, St. Paul.
    Photographer: Commercial Photo Company
    Photograph Collection ca. 1900

Kennedy%201910.jpg
  • Options
    MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SPIDER...Nice Job!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Michibay
    SPIDER...Nice Job!

Thanks. I'm sure the library reference dept. or historical society would have records. It looks like it was a pretty big sporting goods outfit.