In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Same rifle??

MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
Mossberg ATR and the Raptor Sporting rifles that were made in the 90's? I need a bolt for a Raptor rifle in .270 and wonder if they would interchange. Probably not worth the money I would spend on a bolt, but right now its just a door stop.....Maybe a Give-a-way???

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried to research a definite answer for you using www.dogpile.com and while many sources say it is the same rifle, I could not find anything that said the bolts would interchange.

I suggest contacting Mossberg to confirm that the bolts will interchange (although they may insist otherwise even if they do) and then keep a sharp eye on sellers like this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=51864

Best wishes,

Henry
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    You might just call mossberg and see. I know they bought that line after the other company was getting into patent trouble.

I don't know if they changed anything important or not.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    Mossberg ATR and the Raptor Sporting rifles that were made in the 90's? I need a bolt for a Raptor rifle in .270 and wonder if they would interchange. Probably not worth the money I would spend on a bolt, but right now its just a door stop.....Maybe a Give-a-way???

The bolt doesn't have to be specifically for .270. A number of other "LONG ACTION SIZE" cartridges would use exactly the same bolt, i.e. 30-06 & 25-06. If the Raptor "LONG ACTION" rifle was also utilized for the .308 family of cartridges, all of them would also work for your .270.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But will Mossberg sell you a bolt?
  • Options
    MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Hawk Carse
    But will Mossberg sell you a bolt?

You'd have to call and ask huh. [;)]
  • Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. Im gonna give Mossberg a call tmrw, but like Henry pointed out, I seriously doubt they will say that they interchange because of liability reasons. But it cant hurt to ask.