In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SSAR-15 Slide Fire Buttstock

L7L7 Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
Anyone have any experience with the SSAR-15 Slide Fire Buttstock?

Comments

• Options
    Leebo5Leebo5 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one on the GB auction side. I use a 9mm Colt upper on a DPMS lower with the slide fire stock and a Yankee Hill Machine suppressor. I try to make three round bursts. The seller (stevec22) told me not to run a full 32 round mag dump. The lower may overheat and the shells may rip apart.I've had no problem so far. Every one that shoots it giggles like a school girl and accuses me of making a machine gun. A silly purchase perhaps but I've pissed away that much on dumber things. You can still use it as a single shot and as a multi-shot it is controllable. ATF will probably reverse themselves make them illegal at some point, but until then a fun item. The Government can do anything they want including changing their mind
  • Options
    vicg1vicg1 Member Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Leebo5
    I bought one on the GB auction side. I use a 9mm Colt upper on a DPMS lower with the slide fire stock and a Yankee Hill Machine suppressor. I try to make three round bursts. The seller (stevec22) told me not to run a full 32 round mag dump. The lower may overheat and the shells may rip apart.I've had no problem so far. Every one that shoots it giggles like a school girl and accuses me of making a machine gun. A silly purchase perhaps but I've pissed away that much on dumber things. You can still use it as a single shot and as a multi-shot it is controllable. ATF will probably reverse themselves make them illegal at some point, but until then a fun item. The Government can do anything they want including changing their mind

The lower may overheat and the shells may rip apart? I wouldn't ask Steve C for any advise in the future... just my opinion...