In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem R/Block ?

litetriggerlitetrigger Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a Rem. R/B military 43 Spanish. No marking as to it's country or origin. I found ser. #35434 It's a long gun not a carbine. Any info. would be helpful thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's going to be hard to come up with specific information. Remington made hundreds of thousands of them during the late 19th Century for Spain, South America, Mexico etc.

Quality photos might help, but Rolling Block infantry rifles were imported and sold as surplus here in the States during the 50's/60's time frame, in great quantity. Most weren't marked.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,973 ******
    edited November -1
    AS ABOVE, I've got one that looks near new and shoots well. .43 brass and dies are available (midway, grafs). the ser. # should be on the side of the tang and trigger guard.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    There is a new book that came on the market in the last 12 months that is about all the different variations of the Rem rolling block Man at Arms magazine had an ad for this book.