In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun auctions

blazinsun69blazinsun69 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I am curious if any of you know of other gun auction sites. Gunbroker usually has plenty of what i look for but i would like to shop other sites.

WordBorn!!

Comments

• Options
    blazinsun69blazinsun69 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thought of selling all my guns.. I would like to know if selling them as a lot, or by piece... would be the best way?
    I've never tried to sell any guns.. so don't know the procedures.
    I'm not trying to sell anyone here a gun...I just want info on the best way to go about selling 13 rifles and a shotgun.
    Thanks for any info
    Larry
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    List them separately for the best price. Buyers may want one particular gun but don't want to pay shipping and FFL transfer fees for a dozen they aren't interested in. Your auctions will show links to your other items so you'll get maximum exposure.

TIP: Do NOT list them with a "hidden reserve"! List them with "no reserve" at your bare minimum price. Most serious buyers skip over "hidden reserve" auctions and won't waste their time playing guessing games.

This link will help you maximize your sales: http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/SupportFAQView.aspx?FAQID=1163&NoCount=1
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,762 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As above,,,unless you take an add in the local newspaper,,with the best price;;;;;but I don't like people I don't know coming around my property..
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Spider give correct advice NO RESERVE will in the end get many more people to look at your Ad and you will get True value. Sell one at a time read other auctions Look at6 those with seller Name LOCUST FORK She knows how to take good pictures and IMPORTANTLY states all conditions such as what ways are legal to ship and what items need FFL Dealers Lic. and what ones can Ship direct to C&R FFL LIC. and if any guns are older then 1898 you can ship direct to anyone in most states put a note that it is UP to the buyer to know what is legal in THEIR state. GET payment First and I like USPS money orders only. With the printers you have today many people try to pass BOGUS checks that may be accepted today but a week later BOUNCE and the money comes out of your account. Try one item first to get your feet wet. Many people have questions about NEW FIRST time sellers.get good feed-back and your number of bidders will go up. Lastly when you get auction number of your item go to General Discussion forum and Plug your Action.
  • Options
    spas12spas12 Member Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While it's true that many people ignore items with reserves and that there's no reason to put one and even I sometimes exclude items with a reserve when I search. I'd never let a reserve alone keep me from something I want, also I've found that asking what the reserve price is a good way to test a seller.
  • Options
    djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One at a time. Excellent pictures and honest descriptions will help a great deal. Do a search by your state you may find a gun dealer near you selsl alot here on GB. He may sell your guns for you for a small fee.
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    selling them as a lot restricts you to people with a big bankroll and eliminates the people who only want one or two of your guns.

list em separately. take good, detailed pictures. write a good, detailed description. start the auction at the minimum you will take for the gun with no reserve or gamble and start it at a penny and see what it does. if your pictures and description are good, the gun will bring market. if you have reasonable expectations, you'll be satisfied.
  • Options
    keystone1974keystone1974 Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What are the guns u are selling?
  • Options
    controlcontrol Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    careful...don't let em pick u off

I would put a reserve on them from what ive seen
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by control

You have not been around long enough to see too much! [;)]
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by control

Just exactly do you mean by [item in blue, above]?

If it's what I think it is, seller should research closed auctions, see what the market is willing to pay for each item, and start a no reserve auction at, or close to, that price.

If the past sales history is less than what the seller would be comfortable letting the firearm go for, the seller may either:

1. Adjust the starting price lower than originally planned, or
    2. Should not place the item up for bid.

So, and in conclusion, where does 'pick u off' fit into what I've just posted? Think about it.....

Best, Joe