In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt .22 Frontier Scout, 2 cylinders

Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a few questions regarding the value of the subject Colt .22 revolver and I would like the opinions of other GB forum ATE members. I have no photos availble, so I realize that any help the ATE members can provide will be general in nature.

The owner was offered $500 for the gun by a large, established retail gun dealer in East Texas, who should know what they are looking at. I myself, not being very familiar with these guns, initially thought the gun was worth about $550.00. I am inclined to sugget to the owner that, all things considered, he take the gun dealer's offer or try to get him up to $550.00 as I am pretty sure the dealer will tag the gun at about $700.00.

Anyway, what do you other members suggest, as far as selling to the gundealer vs. the effort of putting the gun up on GB auction and dealing with all that? Here is some info on the gun.

I personally saw this example a few years ago and it is finished all in blue/black, has a 4 3/4" barrel, a two cylinders (.22 rimfire and a .22WMR). The gun itself is about in 95% condition. The original box is intact and in pretty decent (maybe 85%) condition with all the original paperwork and user manual.

The gun's serial number is 22xxxxF and I think that says the gun was made in 1968 and that it has an aluminum alloy frame rather than the zinc alloy (pot metal) or steel frames of later versions.

When I looked at completed auctions for the last few weeks for comparable "F-suffix," no-reserve guns that sold, I noted that they generally sold for approximately $500. However I saw none of those that had two cylinders.

Thanks for your opinions.

Comments