In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Superposed value

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
Anyone want to toss out a value at auction? 20 ga extra minty. Browning Superposed Classic 20 ga SN:14400 Condition: Excellent with no sign of use.

superposed2.jpg
superposed1.jpg
superposed.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Very nice but I have one question[?]The birds inlays look to be two different colors [?] the reason Gold is valuable is because it does not
    patinate. like silver or bronze. I would want a letter from Browning. Again Great looking shotgun except for that.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,963 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, factory letter. Demonstrating that is factory engraving and not after market work will be key to higher value. Pretty either way.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Monogram on TG might have some effect on value. Personalization has a tendency to turn some folks off. It's still a whole lot better then if a DL or SS were gouged on the water table with a electric pencil.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Est value? as shown?
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Monogram on TG might have some effect on value. Personalization has a tendency to turn some folks off. It's still a whole lot better then if a DL or SS were gouged on the water table with a electric pencil.

Aren't those John Browning's initials?
  • Options
    MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is LOP original? What length? Pad? Choked? Let's see more wood... Beautiful Gun!!!!
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please do let us know if you list it for auction.
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by djh860
    Est value? as shown?

djh860,

I hate to lowball you but here's the truth. An engraver without a reputation gets about half of what an engraver with one does. Just like the builders/customizers.

As seen without a reputable engraver that shotgun would go for $2000. Done by one with a reputation, $3000-$3500. Factory engraved would go with the latter for price. That could go as high as about $7000 if it's the right variation of that model.

You would have to be more specific as to what it is exactly, i.e. model of superposed, to give a closer price to you. {edit: magnum, pidgeon, Diana, lightning, presentation, /grade I, II, III, IV etc.)

Very nice shotgun BTW!

Edit II: Maybe I am lowballing you. Here's a Diana for sale.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=237074921
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Someone bought it for $3700. It wasn't me.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    at $3700 it could be slightly over paid. but If Factory Engraved with FACTORY LETTER explaining why inlays were different color and J.B. was owned by John Browning you could add another 0 to that price. It's all in the History. that can be documented.