In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Reflex Sighting System/AR Sporter Rifles

gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I need to know what type of batteries a Colt Reflex Sighting System uses.

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I think you have the C-More reflex sight. Posting a picture here would help. If what you have is a C-More then IIRC you need 1/3N cell batteries (same as the Aimpoint), also known as a 2L76.

Check out this site C-More and see if this is the optic you have.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    armalite1015, are you saying the Colt reflex sight is actually a C-more-made sight marked "Colt?" If so, that may be since obviously Colt did not make them. The one I have (I thought maybe I had the only one in existence since I have never seen another!) is clearly marked "Colt," with no reference to C-More on the unit, the box or the instructions. I never mounted or used mine and the original batteries are still in the box. They appear to be "N" cells. My batteries have a numeral "1" on the bottom, a patent number and nothing else.

These sights were only cataloged for one year and I suspect they are one of the rarest of Colt AR-15 factory accessories.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Colt doesn't make any optics they are all sub contracted out so yes it was probably made by C-More.
  • Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I spent a hour on the internet researching this Colt sight and finally found enough information to identify the batteries. These are old numbers which can be cross referenced... Duracell RN 640 R, EverReady E 640 and Ray O Vac T 640. Some indicated that it was made by C More another Tasco. Maybe these pictures will help.
    DSC00001.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00002.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could be made by Tasco or even possibly an early Aimpoint design. It also looks similar to what they used to mount on shotguns. Going back and looking at the labeling on the sight I'd have to rule out the Tasco and C-More theory and go more with the Aimpoint. Aimpoint was a foreign manufacturer that didn't have a U.S. based operation until the late 1970's or early 1980's. They originally were located in Herndon, VA.
    I don't know where their home office is now but I sent back enough of their early products that I remember that much. The labeling in the last picture shows have the label in some sort of Scandinavian language. Going back and checking it was Sweden.
    You wouldn't find that on any Tasco or U.S. made optics.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Back in the 80's these were a factory option on SP1's, referred to as 'Tascorama' scopes.