In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

browning bdm

mossberg500manmossberg500man Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
If any one has information about this gun or possibly an owners manual, I could sure use it.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone give me an approximate value of a blue/matte BDM. 350-400 rounds through it, 98%, comes with plastic hard-case, and two 15rd mags (I'm told they are 15 round mags).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought one because the price seemed right, but after a couple trips to the range I was very unhappy with the trigger pull. My question is, is this gun worth having a trigger job on it? Are these good or bad guns? Also does anyone know if mags for a Hi Power will fit it?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any advice on how to get little scratches off of a parkerized Browning BDM?

Thanks,
    James
  • Options
    edited November -1
    neighbor of mine has offered to sell me a browning bdm...anybody here have any insight into them in terms of problems and things to watch out for? ive already heard that the parts are hard to come by and the firing pins are brittle
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I had one for a few years and had no problems with it.
    They were made from 1991 to 1998 so parts might be hard to find.
    If you need them contact MidwestGunWorks they list them.
    The BDM is the only pistol that feels better to me than the High Power [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    mgw was the biggest source i could find for parts how does it shoot? ive done a little research and found out some of them shoot low and it cant be helped
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mossberg500man
    mgw was the biggest source i could find for parts how does it shoot? ive done a little research and found out some of them shoot low and it cant be helped

No matter where it is impacting, unless the sights are an integral machined part of the slide(which in this case they are not), it can always be helped. You CAN have the point of impact adjusted, as long as it is grouping well enoough, to do so.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tsr1965

No matter where it is impacting, unless the sights are an integral machined part of the slide(which in this case they are not), it can always be helped. You CAN have the point of impact adjusted, as long as it is grouping well enoough, to do so.

Best
    ok that helps
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The grip is ridiculously slim for a 15rd 9mm.

Being discontinued for so long and kinda unusual inside...unless he's offering it to you for just a couple hundred bucks, I'd pass.

I surely wouldn't use one for daily carry and I surely wouldn't trust my life to one.

Also, mags are hard to find and obscenely expensive when you do.
  • Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

When I had an FFL, I ordered one of these for my girlfriend's Father. It shot low too. He was p***ed and wanted his money back. I ended up taking it in the shorts on that deal.
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The BDM is unusual & misunderstood. I don't use mine regularly, but when I do, it works. We sold a few & nobody complained about them.