In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Shipping a C&R handgun to Maryland

williwmwilliwm Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
edited March 2012 in Ask the Experts
I've tried searching, but cannot find much. My question is " can I ship a C&R handgun to a C&R license holder in Maryland"? Does Maryland have any restrictions that might apply? thanks

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You aren't going to find it, because it isn't there; for political reasons, the Maryland State Police decided not to commit their C&R "regulations" to writing.

But, the answer to your question is, yes, you can ship any C&R handgun directly to a C&R licensee within the state of Maryland. You can confirm that by calling AIM Surplus, who did the research.

Or, you can phone the MSP Licensing Division at 410-653-4500, x321.

Or, I can fax you a photocopy of a photocopy of a "not an official opinion" letter from the Maryland Attorney General's office.

Neal

CORRECTION: I forgot to state, the above applies if you are OUTSIDE of Maryland shipping INTO Maryland. Instate transfers of C&R handguns requires approval by MSP.
  • Options
    williwmwilliwm Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Neal, thank you