In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1100 feeding problem

Grunt51Grunt51 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Have a Remington 1100 which will feed the first two shells fine (both manually and while being shot) but will not feed the third. It hangs up on the intercepter and you have to manually move it to get the shell to release from the magazine. Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will it feed if you only put one in the tube? Maybe the tube spring is weak. Have you tried other ammo? Maybe the follower is hanging up at the lower end of the tube.

Edit Sorry I read it as having problems with the last round out of the tube.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It does it will all ammo, even dummy rounds and will cycle one at a time or two but will not cycle if I put three in the gun. I have changed out the spring and follower to no avail?:??
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Could be the interceptor latch is "slightly" bent. The extra mag spring tension can force the first two rounds past the latch, but the third one has less spring tension and gets hung up. If there is a lot of lateral play in the latch, install the next size circlip. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I checked for any lateral movement and there is none. Could the interceptor spring be the problem as it is in bad shape??????????????
  • Options
    fl23infl23in Member Posts: 404 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had the same problem with my 1100. it turned out the interceptor retainter had come off and caused the interceptor spring and interceptor had also been lost

parts 58,59, 60

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Products.aspx?catid=11917
  • Options
    singleshotfanaticsingleshotfanatic Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This may sound strange but I had a 20 gauge 1100 come into my shop this deer season doing the same thing ,no third shot. I went nuts with the gun even installing a trigger assembly from a working gun . Still no third shot. In desperation I did a complete cleaning of the gun and replaced the seals. Worked fine then. My guess is maybe the barrel port was clogged and slowing the action.
  • Options
    wagwag Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct it is the interceptor latch spring you will have to replace it. It's purpose is to hold the 3rd shell in place when the 2nd shell is released into the lifter until the action arms tell it to release the shell. Other wise the recoil would give to much force to the third shell comming out of the mag.and it would push past the shell release spring. wag