In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AR -SCOPE MOUNTING QUESTION

MAGOO62MAGOO62 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
I JUST GOT A BUSHMASTER A-3 FLATTOP W/REMOVABLE CARRY HANDLE, I WANT TO MOUNT A SOPE ON THE FLATTOP RAILS, DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE FRONT IRON SIGHTS, I PRETTY SURE I DO , BUT WOULD LIKE SOME INPUT. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO PUT A POST BAN MUZZLE BRAKE ON, THEY SAY YOU NEED TO USE A TAPER PIN TO INSTALL IT, IS THIS DIFFICULT? I HAVE ACCESS TO A MACHINE SHOP IF NECCESSARY. ANY HELP APPRECIATED...

Comments

• Options
    Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Magoo62, You sometimes can see through/over the front depending on the power of scope and mounts that you get. I would try that prior to removing the front site. You also can mount the scope on top of the handle. On a long distance shooter it is better to keep the scope as close to the barrel as possible but that should not make much difference for the type of rifle you are putting it on. When you drill the barrel to accept the pin for the flash suppressor I was told that it is a good idea to silver solder it in place so it will not work its way out. JMTCW

Jim