In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

UNDERWEAR?

jeshebajesheba Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone recommend a brand or type of long underwear (top& bottoms)that really does the job. I have tried some of the so called "expedition" grade versions and still find Duo-fold wool/cotton brand worked the best. These polyprop types are not working for me. Are there better alternatives for low activity situations such as treestand and layout hunting in COLD weather?

Randy Summers

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Warm ones [:D]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The polypro type work well for me unless it is really, really cold, which it rarely is here in the SW. Beyond that, I go to the same duofold you wear and layer with fleece.

For very cold low activity situations try layering the poly pro or silk under the duofold. Believe it or not, panty hose are also useful under every thing. They hold a surprisingly warm layer of air next to the skin. Three or four layers will roast you walking but for stands that is what you need. Um, generally a guy will want to try his panty hose in the queen sizes.[:I]
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Jesheba, I wouldn't have thought of this three or four years ago, but I picked up a set of quilted down shirt and pants - Wall's "Blizzard Pruf". I highly recommend. Primarily for cold stand and blind hunting, but they are surprisingly comfortable and do not limit movement any more than the heavy outer jacket and trousers that I wear anyway. They are also fine inside the camp with leather soled felt slippers.

timbroman@aol.com
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Take this TOPIC to the General Discussion Forums......This is most deffinately not a subject for this Forum....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff