In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

American Arms Silver O/U

Brad M.Brad M. Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
My brother has offered to sell me this 12 gauge, it is unfired and has all the chokes with it. Its in new condition, not one scratch on it. Price is $450.00, is this fair for the both of us? Are there any bad faults of this shotgun? Will it be a dependable shotgun for years to come? It is not what I wanted for my first o/u but you can never have too many shotguns....[:D] Appreciate any heads up on this gun, good or bad... Thanks folks!

Brad M.

Comments

• Options
    allechalleyallechalley Member Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If condition is as you say, it's pretty fair to bro. and you might be a tad generous. Blue Book says $450 for 98%. If he were selling to a dealer, probably $300 to $350. They are an OK gun, work well, ect. but no Browning or Berretta. Friend had one and only thing that happened was it got looser in the pivot the more he shot it, which happens to all O/U's. He did shoot it quite a lot. I would guess they can be tightened/replace pivot pin like the Brownings, ect. but it may do it more quickly than the name brands. Any good O/U should be worth the $400 to $450 range, so I would say, if you want the gun and it helps out bro, $450 ,neither of you gets hurt.
  • Options
    springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He probably paid retail for gun.
    around 600??
    I had a turkey SxS Fit was great ,finish was just OK
    Locked up tight,lever to the right,patterned good
    Was heavy and blueing was weak
    but always went bang
  • Options
    gunut 1gunut 1 Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just remember that American Arms is out of business and parts might be a problem if you have troubles with it..

gunut