In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Mod. 200 Lever-Action 30-30??

competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
Ok, I don't know a whole lot about lever action rifles, but came across a Remington Model 200 Lever-Action in 30-30 and I can't find a reference for it in Fjestad's Blue Book. When I first glanced at it, I thought it was a Marlin. Can anyone give me any insight and a rough idea of its value in "fair" condition?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

"Strength is the outcome of need; security sets a premium on feebleness." -- H.G. Wells (The Time Machine)

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Would it be possible, to give us all the markings that are on the rifle? Or better yet provide some photos?

To the best of my knowledge, Remington has manufactured very few lever action rifles. None of them centerfires.

Marlin on the other hand has manufactured many of their lever action centerfires to be sold, using "Trade Names" or as "Store Brand" guns. Perhaps their is some confusion regarding this?

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Talking Head
    ... you sure it's not a Revelation Model 200 ? These were made by Marlin for Western Auto, look like a Marlin 336.

LOL. My wife has been telling me I need glasses! I stopped by the shop I had seen it at yesterday and looked more closely; yes, it is a "Revelation Model 200."

In an attempt to try to prove to my wife that I still don't need those glasses -- I will note that the "Revelation" stamping is significantly worn, especially along the top of the lettering, making it appear, under just a quick glance, somewhat like "Remington." (Of course, that doesn't explain how I missed the "Western Auto" stamped on the barrel too!)

Thanks for the input.

"Strength is the outcome of need; security sets a premium on feebleness." -- H.G. Wells (The Time Machine)