In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10-22 wmr

lil debilil debi Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit a 10-22 magnum barrel@ receiver in a 10-22 lr stock? i have a federal ordnance stock i would like to build into wmr. is something a novice could acommplish?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You will need a mag reciever.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Ruger 10-22 receivers are made of aluminum alloy where the 10-22 Magnum is made with a steel receiver. You would need the mag receiver as Duckhunter said.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May be wrong about this, but it sounded to me like the man has the mag recvr. but wants to know if his stock will fit.
    Pretty sure the answer is yes, though I haven't tried it.
    Anyone?
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RCrosby
    May be wrong about this, but it sounded to me like the man has the mag recvr. but wants to know if his stock will fit.
    Pretty sure the answer is yes, though I haven't tried it.
    Anyone?

Sorry 'bout that lil deb. Looks like maybe I got the question right, but the gender wrong? Either way, welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Woops! Rob may be right I think I read the question wrong. The Magnum receiver is about 1/2" longer than the standard receiver. You would have to check to see if there is enough wood to be able to remove it to fit. I think the mounting screw would have to be moved farther up the stock as well. I may be wrong but I don't think it will work and if it does it will take a bunch of work. It may help if you can get measurements from a Mag stock. It may be much easier to sell your stock and get one for the Mag.
  • Options
    RobinRobin Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 10/22 (.22 LR) barreled reciever will not fit in a stock made for the 9/22 (.22 WMR stock) and a 9/22 WMR barreled receiver will not fit in a 10/22 stock. The exception being someone that is a master wood worker made be able to make the necessary modifications with wooden stocks. The factory stock appear identical but there are significant differences
  • Options
    mikesurfs702mikesurfs702 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lil Debi,

Are you interested in selling the stock since it won't fit your 22 mag?

Mike.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Mike,
    email sent.
  • Options
    mikesurfs702mikesurfs702 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lil Debi,

Are you interested in selling the Federal Ordnance stock since it won't fit your 22 mag?

Mike.
  • Options
    lil debilil debi Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    actually guys i already have the 10-22 set up i was thinking of up grading to a wmr, i have never seen one in person. i was just curious if it could be done before i went as far as to purchase a wmr. and thanks for offer but i guess i will hang on to it these stocks are rear as hens teeth .im looking for one to go on my mini 14 to make a big brother for my 10-22. i have a blue factory side folder i would trade for a federal ordnance unfolder but for that only (not for sale)
    thanks for input on my question