In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

?? Can it be changed:

partsmanpartsman Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Ask the Experts
[:)]Plumcrazy AR-15 [:(]"PLASTIC"[xx(] receivers and [V]parts. Can [:D]Colt style [;)]"METAL"[^] parts be used inside ?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Supposed to be still in business. Get their contact info with a GOOGLE search, give them a call to find out.

The trigger and mag catch being plastic wouldn't bother me, seems that a lot of manufacturers are going that route nowadays. Wondering about the hammer though? It would seen to get way more stress from impact and abrasion, from the cycling of the steel BCG parts in the metal upper?
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just like P90/PS90, F2000/FS2000, Steyr Aug (since 1977), MSAR, etc...etc...

But, to answer your question, yes, they can be changed out with no ill effects. Sometimes the triggers are a tad long and must be trimmed slightly to preclude rubbing inside of the trigger guard.
  • Options
    03harlee03harlee Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, you helped a guy out called road king police back in 2010, I have a similar mauser 22LR, but it is different and not the model 410B.

Could you help at all with mine ?

I can send pics, it has a 25 7/8" bbl, 45 1/8" overall length, has a crown B , and a crown U, a 495 crown G, DRP DRGM, Patrone 22 long rifle, cartouche on stock, mauser werke a.g. oberndorf a.n.

very nice shooter, and again I can send pics, but don't know how to here.

Thank you Very Much for any time you can afford to help or guide.
    sincerely,
    Lee

Lee,

Normally I would e-mail you with this information but since ADMIN can't seem to get the e-mail system back up for forum use, I have to make this post public.

You need to start a new thread of your own for this topic, not add onto another member's thread with a different subject. When you start the new thread with all of this information in it, be sure to read the 'Sticky' at the top of this forum titled 'Posting Photographs' which will get you started putting photographs in your posts correctly.

Best.
  • Options
    Leebo5Leebo5 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Plumcrazy that I bought used. I use it with a 5.56 upper and a ceinier .22 lr conversion. It started to double on me. Well, I'd pull the trigger, it would fire. I would release the trigger and it would fire again. The trigger and disconnector both being "plastic" were replaced. I also replaced the hammer and the selector switch. Hey it came as a kit. So far it's been fine. I just think a sear engagement should be metal not plastic. Lee
  • Options
    DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    o3harlee, you can contact me at daewoorifleparts@live.com