In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Adjusting the trigger pull on a S&W M&P 40

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2011 in Ask the Experts
Is this possable. It takes a mack truck to pull the trigger on my new gun. I was thinking of taking it to have a trigger job but if the adjustment can be made by myself, Then I would like to try it.Thanks Oak

Comments

• Options
    marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Apex tactical's trigger enhancement kits will help you out.
    brownells.com item # 100-006-039 Made a huge difference, and you can install it yourself, if your handy.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I've got a S&W M&P 40 and the stock trigger pull is fine with me. My employer has another 300 or so of the same gun and I have not heard any complaints about an overly heavy trigger pull. Have someone else who has the same kind of gun try it and see if something is wrong with your particular gun.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok will do. I have copral tunnel syndrom in my shooting hand and that could be the problem.
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a M&P 45 and the trigger pull is ridiculously long but the pull weight is about right. Of course that is probably due to the fact it has no safety.