In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fitting O/U barrels

djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have 3 12 ga O/U shotguns from the same maker. I just won a GB auction that will give me a set of 20. 28. 410 barrels for the same O/U make.

My question. How much will it cost to have a barrel from the new set fitted to a different receiver?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    IF your O/U is a valmet model 412 or 512 it will not cost anything all barrel sets interchange. [:)][^] other brand you may get lucky but on the other hand it is much easier to remove metal then make a too small part larger. I would contact maker of your O/U and see if they would be willing do the job. Or look through Double gun Journal. they have gunsmiths that can do the job correctly.
  • Options
    djh860djh860 Member Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This will require a gun smith.

quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    IF your O/U is a valmet model 412 or 512 it will not cost anything all barrel sets interchange. [:)][^] other brand you may get lucky but on the other hand it is much easier to remove metal then make a too small part larger. I would contact maker of your O/U and see if they would be willing do the job. Or look through Double gun Journal. they have gunsmiths that can do the job correctly.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are they too tight, too loose or do they fit and you're worried about it?