In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EAA Witness

TEUFELHUNDETEUFELHUNDE Member Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
edited August 2011 in Ask the Experts
I was looking at getting an eaa witness.
I've heard that the older ones in 9mm or .40 can't be converted to any other calibers, but the newer ones can be.
first is that true and second how can I tell a newer one from an older one?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Any good? How is the trigger on them? Worth owning?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have any thoughts on the EAA Witness in .45 ACP. How good/bad are they? Shortcomings, good points, are high cap mags available, etc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone make aftermarket bbls for these pistols? If so can I get a link for them.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm trying to find out if a laser sight exists for a 38 super EAA Witness. I'd like to get one but no one seems to make one...Help!!![8)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a 10mm compact and I want to upgrade my recoil springs. I have read about other people upgrading them, but I cant find them for sale from Wolff. Does anyone know where I can buy them?

Thanks,Will
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought the steel full size with a .22 conversion. Just got around to shooting it yesterday and I was very pleased. It feels good it gets on target fast and stays after shot fired. Accurate no trouble. I bought the 22 conversion also. Same alignment, nice trigger easy to shoot good groups just a little heavy. Cheaper than Dirt had a sale buy a 9mm get a 22 free. Since the price was $400 for each set, with a case and mag of each I bought 2 sets. I figured to have them to bury with supplies, giving my 9mm and 22 at two different places. But since I have shot them I may keep them out and bury my M9A1 instead.

Or buy some Hi Point 9mm and bury them
    Semper Fi
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Folks, not looking for alot of BS,just general insight on the most recent manufactored Witness all steel pistols. I like the idea of being able to change slide/barrel and have another caliber. Especially the 22 conversion. Probaly start with a 10mm and buy extra barrel ASAP in 40 S&W. So the question actually is this; WHAT INHERENT PROBLEMS DO THESE PISTOLS HAVE? #2 HOW DIFFICULT IS THE TRIGGER TO CLEAN UP FOR SINGLE ACTION USE? Thanks
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And your question is?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    And your question is?

Sorry! I intended to respond to someones question. I will refrain from providing response as I am not an expert.

Thanks,
    Semper Fi