In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Identify this Firing Pin

GunswapperGunswapper Member Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I thought this was for the Winchester model 37 single barrel shotgun but the picture in my parts catalog shows the pin machined with 3 steps and the pin that hits the primer straight, not tapered. Is this indeed for the Winchester model 37?

[img][/img]DSCF100418.JPG

[img][/img]DSCF100518.JPG

I plan on listing this on the auction side when I get it properly identified. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I need help identifying this firing pin. It measures about 7 1/8" long.

FP13.jpg

FP23.jpg

FP31.jpg

FP41.jpg

FP51.jpg

Any info as to manufacturer, model, and value will be appreciated!
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Bolt action rifle but not make or model I own.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like its from a military rifle of some sorts. If so $15 or $20.
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a Winchester Model 70 or 670.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The pictures of the model 70 and 670 in my parts catalog do not appear to match this pin. Any other ideas? Thanks!
  • Options
    CyclonusCyclonus Member Posts: 2,825
    edited November -1
    looks like the firing pin out of a mauser there is usually more to it but this one has been stripped heavily the spring the retaining washer and whe shroud containg the back half of the bolt and safety has also been removed these are a royal pain to reassemble once taken apart this much requires 3 hands a vice and a C clamp all because the spring is that strong. I had mine that stripped right after I got it in order to remove all the cosmolene had a real rough time putting it back together.
  • Options
    wagwag Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This firing pin is for a Winchester model 70 and the featherweight 70 made in the year 1974 and before, probably from 1964. I have a 1974 parts catalog that shows a picture of it.Also new that year is a New model 70 that has a firing pin with a red indicator that protrudes from under the bolt sleeve cap when cocked. Part # at that time was #1713 for the one in the picture. WAG
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, WAG! I will probably list this on the auctions! Gunswapper.