In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Is the CZ 97B 45cal a good quality gun??

floorguy24floorguy24 Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I'm considering buying one tomorrow, mainly for range shooting but also for occasional concealed carry.

Are these good quality guns?

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a great gun for the range, and/or home defense, where concealability is not an issue. For a carry gun, in warm weather, it will be hard to conceal, as it is full sized. For a full sized DA/SA, it is one of the BEST on the market.

Best
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Excellent quality! Very large though, OK if you have big hands. CCW might be quite difficult except in winter when you would normally be wearing layers of heavy clothing, so it wouldn't print. Belt holster on a large heavy belt would be the only practical way to carry it, IMHO.

Had a chance to buy one at a good price awhile back. Passed on it. It seemed more bulky then my G 20. Grip was not comfortable for my medium size hands.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The CZ97B is my home defense gun. Always loaded and with a few spare magazines. It is solid and reliable, accurate. But I think it's just way too big and heavy for carry. I'm about 6'5" and would have trouble concealing it. Also, you'll need pretty good sized hands to get good leverage on the trigger for that 1st DA shot. I can do it by medium or small hands will have quite a reach.

I think it's a great, well made gun. Very accurate too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The gun fits my hand just perfect, that's one reason I like it.

As for concealed carry, I usually carry a compact 45acp. This would be very rarely and only with heavy clothing, so no problem there.

I was most concerned about it being a quality gun, and from what I'm reading here it is.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes,a good quality pistol that shoots great. I put star lock washers on the grip screws, rounded the right side of the trigger, polished the ramp a tad, and make sure the loaded chamber indicator screw is tight. You're going to like your CZ.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24
    I'm considering buying one tomorrow, mainly for range shooting but also for occasional concealed carry.

Are these good quality guns?

Excellent quality. They're also ergonomic, reliable, and highly accurate.

As a full-sized all steel service-type pistol, they're not exactly light or small though, so this may not be an ideal choice for concealed carry for some individuals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bought it, now in the "waiting period"...
  • Options
    ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by floorguy24
    Bought it, now in the "waiting period"...

good for you! blue or poly?
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    CZ mmgood you did good in my opinion[:D][:p][^]