In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of Winchester model 1894?

86FLST86FLST Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Inherited model 1894 30-30 mfg in 1898 according to serial number. Wondering what it's worth? Local gunsmith did not have current book but creamed his jeans and told me to lock it up and not tell anyone I had it! According to him it has been shot very little.

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    we need to see pics...were in the dark here[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't know how to post pics? Tell me if you can. If not general guestimate based on description would be fine. Can provide serial number
  • Options
    IdahoRedneckIdahoRedneck Member Posts: 2,699
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    we need to see pics...were in the dark here[:0]

+1.... I have a ford made in 1964 whats it worth....[^] as you can see we will need a little more info to answer your question[:)]

Edit..... there is a sticky at the top of this forum that will show you how to post pics......You have to find a site to host them first. I use Hunt 101...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK I'm internet stupid. Don't know what a stickey is but just found a soft key/button that said insert image when I hovered my mouse over it while I was typing this response. It's late tonight and I have to go out of town tomorrow but I'll try to figure it out in a couple days
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stickys are the ''posts'' on the front page of the Ask the Experts section. Just hit the back button after you read this and scroll the page up and you will see it.
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Start with the serial number... my bet is that your Model 1894 is not a 1898 vintage Winchester.

If you can not figure out how to post pictures, you can send them to me at Win1885@msn.com