In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question on gun value book

neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I picked up an awesome little Colt Frontier Scout 62 P suffix today. I looked in the Blue Book of Gun Values to get some basic info on it. The person that I bought it from said it had been bought by husband who just put it away. I have not found any evidence the gun has been fired and the box has no defects on it at all. The gun has the paperwork including the original price tag ($67.50) and the Colt tool. Both cylinders are with it and the inside of the box has a cutout area for the second cylinder.

What does it mean when it says "double cased Scout set?". I know the difference between the Scout and the Buntline obviously, but I do not know what "double cased" means. Any help??

Comments

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not an expert, but I've seen these in sets of two in a velvet lined wood case. One of each caliber, LR and MAG. If you do an advanced search on the auction side of the web site and select "completed auctions", enter your make and model and other selections down the list; you'll find out what has been bid, paid and what has been asked (that didn't sell).
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mrs102 is correct in that "sets" are to be found in wood cases, and that checking completed auctions is a good way to get an idea as to what a P Series revolver like you describe might bring. Some early "sets" came in a double carton and were often accompanied by a double presentation case. Most sets were production and not special ordered, and they might have been of different calibers and barrel lengths or the same for that matter.
    What's next?
  • Options
    neacpaneacpa Member Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for info.
    Stan