In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

target/compact glock

midnightrunpaintballermidnightrunpaintballer Member Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Hey fellas. I had another brainstorm. I know, bad news. Anyways, here is my thought. I want a longslide glock to play with. Dont talk me out of glocks, i know there are better guns, I already own them. So, longslide target glock is what I'm thinking of. But here is the problem. The large frame glocks just do not fit my hand well. I hate them. But my 23 fits me like a glove. Could I buy a glock 35 frame and barrel and put it onto my 23 frame? I havent gotten to handle a 35 so I haven't seen if it even looks like it will work. So again, I turn to my favorite experts. What say ye?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They made a specific long slide 40 S & W for target work. It's a Model G 24. Slide and barrel are longer then the G 35.

There not at all common, don't know if they are still in production.

Unless you can get a real good BIL deal on a slide and barrel, they would likely cost almost as much as a complete pistol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    According to glocks website, the 34 is a 9mm and the 35 is a .40. Website shows both being the competition model and are the same size. But you're probably right about having the same $ into slide and barrel as just buying the complete gun. But even if i bought the complete gun, the large frame would feel like crap in my hand. I was wondering if slides and frames were interchangable like the sig 250. Full length slide on compact frame, compact slide on sub compact frame, full length slide on sub compact frame, etc.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Yhe 35 and 34 frames are the same. The ejector is bent a little more for the 9mm. The 20 and 21 have the large frame.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Understood, but will the 34/35 slide fit onto the 19/23 frame?
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is a photo off the net of a G24. As far as I know the frame is identical to the ones used on the G 17 & G 22.

Item_Glock_24.jpg
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just bought a G24,it fits my hand great.The larger frame glocks do not.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 34 I have been shooting in competition for a while now. The model 19 and model 34 frames are the same size for gripping. The 19 is just shorter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    I have a 34 I have been shooting in competition for a while now. The model 19 and model 34 frames are the same size for gripping. The 19 is just shorter.

The shorter frame of the 19/23 is what fits my hand well. Im not concerned so much with width. I think you have answered my question though. So it would be no problem to put the 34 slide onto a 19 frame then in order to have the longer slide/barrel combined with the shorter grip?
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just tried to put my 35 slide on my 23. It doesn't work. As a matter of fact, I had a hell of a time gettin it back apart!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hmm. Well ok then. I guess ill keep holding out for that 226 x6 or another 1911 then. Thanks for the help guys
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the first gen. G-17 long slide then have Robar or you taking sand paper to the grip. Figure the first and second gen. has less of the finger groove so it should be smaller.

Ain't there a guy making aluminum Glock frames? I figure if you got the top end dude could just mate it together.