In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Single Six 3 screw

old-dogold-dog Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I am currently examinning a Ruger Single Six from 1963 SN 371000 series. It is chambered in 22.LC Nice revolver. My question is should this come with a extra cylinder in .22 mag if the .22 LC cylinder is marked with the SN digits?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought this gun with both cylinders but one cylinder is chrome. It's a good job and looks factory on the chrome. My guess is that it would have never come from the factory with one blue and one chrome. Did Ruger ever make a chrome version or has somebody just had it done??
    Anybody know what's going on here?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am assuming that the cylinder is marked 22 LR, not 22LC? Some of the early modeld were only single calibers, not convertibles.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good question It should tell the tale...Thanks [8D]
  • Options
    4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not call Ruger and find out how it left the factory. They are very nice and will send a letter. I have gotten a letter for every Ruger I have owned. Just because I like to have them.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
    Records Department
    411 Sunapee Street
    Newport, NH 03773
    Telephone: 603-865-2424
    Fax: 603-863-9371
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I can do that Thanks[8D]