In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 94 Wyoming Jubilee 1965??

CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Got a neighbor who wants to sell a Winchester Commemorative model 94, made in 1965, Wyoming Jubilee??? I can find no completed auctions to give him a ballpark of what we should list it at. Anyone have any ideas on what its worth? By the way, the box is missing which kills it for a collector.

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Chris,

No box & paperwork means that it is a $350 - $400 gun at best.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Bert, were my facts correct about it being made in 1965? The previous owner bought the rifle at a gunshow last year, without the box and paid $950 for it! They took him to the cleaners! He asked me about listing it on GB and wants to get his money back out of it, I will have to break the bad news to him that his investment tanked!
  • Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Chris,

The Wyoming Diamond Jubilee Carbine was released in 1964, and it was the first of the many hundreds of thoudsands of Winchester Model 94 Commemoratives to follow. The listed production of the Wyoming Jubilee is just 1500 guns, but in order to bring the money the current owner paid for it, it must have the box & paperwork. The 26th Edition of the Blue Book lists it at $795, and that is with the box & paperwork. At $950, yes, he got took to the cleaners.
  • CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,596 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have these increased any in value in the past three years?
  • Floyd58523Floyd58523 Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 32nd edition of the Blue Book has the gun listed at $1200.00 for
    a 100% condition gun. That is not touched by human hands and the box in mint condition.

Someone else may pay $ 950.00 for it as you neighbor did but Bert price is more accurate.