In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AK-47 QUESTION

MAGOO62MAGOO62 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Hi,

I'm buying another AK-47 in a week or so. So I started looking around and have come down to two gun dealers I want to buy from. One dealer has a Romanian and the other has a Bulgarian, and both makes are the same price.

So my question is witch make is better, Romanian or Bulgarian?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I AM LOOKING TO BUY A AK-47 7.62X39, MY QUESTION IS WHICH ONES ARE BEST, IE. RUSSIAN,ROMANIAN,CHINESE,ETC.. SHOULD I GO NEW OR USED AND WHAT IS A GOOD PRICE FOR A GOOD QUALITY AK?
    THANKS FOR ANY INPUT...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I AM LOOKING AT A AK-47 MADE BY ARSENAL USA, IT WAS RECCOMENDED TO ME AS A GOOD MODEL(SSR-56). THEY ARE USA MADE WITH HUNGARIAN, BULGARIAN AND U.S. PARTS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE OR INFO. ON THIS MODEL? IT IS SOLD BY GLOBAL TRADES ON THE NET.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am wanting to swap out my furniture on my AK and I am not quite sure as how to remove the bottom forend. I can get the stock off and the top forend but I am just not sure about the bottom.
    Do I tap it gently from above and just work it down or is there something else I do?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i heard that with the ak-47 if you shoot to many rounds out of it that it will get so hot that the rounds in the mag will go off. is this true?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I thoght the SAR-1
    WASR-10 same type of gun plese help
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have herd of a malfunction on a AK-47 called a Stovepipe jam. What is a Stovepipe jam? and how do you clear it?

flag.gif
    navylogo.gif
    awcountdown.gifhttp://www.awbansunset.com/awbGraphic.gif

logo2.gifwww.operationdearabby.net
  • Options
    IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    I will only address the double stack AK's.
    The Romanian Post-Ban SAR series is the cheapest SAR1,2,3. about $270-$300 new.
    Chinese, Poly-Tech's can come either in stamped or milled recivers, most are Pre-ban. Full stock stamped Ak's sell for about $800-$950,
    Underfolders sell for $950-$1200, Sidefolders $1050-$1400, Double folders meaning it has a under fold stock & folding spike bayonet go for $1000 - $1200. For a milled reciever add about $150-$200
    Chinese, Norinco's sell for about -$50 to -$150 less than the Poly-Tech's
    Ismah's the Russian AK's are rare going for +$150 - +$300 above the Chinese models
    Maddi's made in Egypt, most are Post-ban selling for 1/2 of the Chinese Poly-Techs.
    People can say what they please, IMHO, the Poly-Tech Legend is the best fit & finnish of the bunch.
    Walte
  • Options
    seancodyseancody Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out www.globaltrades.com. I have seen their AKs at two gunshows and plan to buy one. If I wasn;t in the middle of building an AR carbine, I would have picked one up this weekend!
  • Options
    papaw alpapaw al Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Romanian and the Russian Ishmash Arsenal.Both are reliable shooters.For looks only,the Russian really looks good.Can't go wrong with either one.