In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Russian Makarov in 380

rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
I just picked up a Russian Makarov in 380. It's a Baikal IJ 70 17A with adj sights & two mags. It has "Big Bear Arms" on it, as well as "IMEZ". I did find out thats it's a newer production gun. I'm guessing about $150 value?

What can you tell me about it compared to East German, Chinese or Bulgarian, etc??

Comments

• Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one in 9m/m Mak.I like them because they have adjustable sights.
    [:)]

ATF
  • Options
    Agent_ Stiles_ATFAgent_ Stiles_ATF Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice and versatile weapons, and I have one, with a threaded barrel that accepts a fake silencer, that can be made, "non-fake" with little adaptation.
    The threaded barrels, as well as a number of accesoories can be found in a number of issues of "The Shotgun News".
    Size also makes it a good "ankle" gun.

A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
  • Options
    Agent_ Stiles_ATFAgent_ Stiles_ATF Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    DarrellDarrell Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one and LOVE it. uses same mags as the reg mak. Workmanship is on parr with any of them. Only serious thing you have to worry about with any Mak is the lack of a firing pin safety. If dropped on their nose with a loaded chamber they can easily go off. Other than that you can not beat the gun for the money.