In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

need help IDing military surplus stuff

scragglepointscragglepoint Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
I bought about 100 pounds of military surplus "stuff" and need help in identifying what some straps and belt hooks are used for.

I've attached 3 jpg of the items, the last is a puch that I believe the straps are used to hold, butr am unsure.

thanks in advance for the help.
Dave

misc.jpg
strap.jpg
bag.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Well the 2 things in the top pic on the right hand side look like bayonet frogs for a modern bayonet.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hopefully someone here is familiar with British military equipment.
    I think the top item on the left is for attaching either a bayo. frog or Browning Hi-Power (P-35) holster to the equipment belt. I could be wrong.

Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now, I can buy more ammo.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    In the top picture, definitely not U.S.....I'd say Swedish or Dutch.

Center picture...Finnish gear for tying up reindeer? [:)]

Lower picture...looks like a haversack for storing general sundries.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not knowing the size, but the bottom picture looks to be a gas mask carrier?

Regards,
    Got Da Bling Bling?
    pickle.gif