In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Federal Ordinance M1A

TazmuttTazmutt Member Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
Whats your opinion(s) of the Fed Ord M1A's ? Are they actually MFG in the USA or elsewhere and imported by F.O. ? If they are made in the USA (I won't buy one if made in China or Japan) how do they compare to the Springfield ? Thanks for your input ...

"A Fear of Weapons is a sign of Retarded Sexual
and Emotional Maturity" Sigmund Freud
"MOLON LABE !"

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These were made about 15 years ago; the company is no longer in business. We're not sure where the receivers were made; FEDORD was a sort of garage-parts-bin operation. A few of the early rifles used USGI parts, but most used crudely-made Chicom parts. I am embarrassed to admit that I owned one: it was UGLY and JUNK. I didn't actually test it, but I have been told that the receiver is soft and will soon be destroyed by the harder bolt lugs; but, this could just be rumor.

These are not worth owning at any price.

Neal
  • Options
    GPWEAPONGPWEAPON Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had one seemed to be fair quality had a birch stock seemed to be mostly GI surplus parts. I replaced the birch with a n.m.stock from shotgun new's for about $20. did a camo paint job and beded it. It shot good about 1 1/4 moa the price was right about 550. sold later here on GB for 700. the price is the key other wise get one of the cheap springfields and tweak it a little. depending on your accuracy needs and what you'll be shooting for ammo personally if you want to have it for years to come I'd get a 14 with a 1-10 twist in stainless.It will shoot most all the availiable ammo well