In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

S&W info needed (models 41, 422, 622, 2206)

bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have both a 422 & a 622 Smith & Wesson semi-auto pistol. I have quite a few 12 shot magazines for these (~6 or so still in factory packaging). I know these magazines will also work with the 2206 model without problems, but the only time I ever tried a model 41 (as it was labeled), they didn't work. They looked identical to me, but the mag-catch hole (I'm sure there's a more technical name for it) was in a different place on the model 41's mags. I have seen a lot of 10 shot magazines advertising that they will work on all 4 models.
Can anyone give me any more info? Are they interchangeable? If so, is it certian models (ie, only the 10 rounders), or all of them?
I have contacted S & W and they couldn't give me a definitive answer.
Thanks

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your observations are correct. The mag latch retaining slots are different. I believe that ads stating that a single mag will fit all 4 are in error.

Also, the M41/46 mags I own hold only 10 round; the follower is longer.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Neal, I still keep seeing ads stating they support all 3. I don't know. I know the model 41 is a great gun, I might have to convert anyway... I don't know.

• Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 422 and a friend has a 41. We have used the same clips in both guns. I think there are some aftermarket clips made with catches cut for both guns. I'm not sure where he got these, he sold me one of the clips he was using and it fit my 422.

Pass on the tradition, teach a kid to shoot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    By chance lead, are these mags all 10 rounds? From what it seems, the 10 rounders will work for both, whereas the 12's seem to only work for the 422/622/2206 series.