In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sendero v/s Varmint

hitman#1hitman#1 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
What is the difference between the Sendero and the Varmint?
Thanks
JW

Comments

• Options
    rordogrordog Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sendero is a long action with the heavy barrel chambered for hunting calibers. Where as the Varmint model 700 is a short action chambered for "traditional" varmit calibers.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rordog is right, and all of those are good (IMHO). You can read about the differences here: http://www.remington.com/firearms/centerfire/centerfire.htm
    The Sendero SF and the VSSF are my favorites...

If you read through Remington's site enough, you can start to make sense out of their lettering...
    V-varmit
    S-stainless (or synthetic - I've seen it used both ways)
    F-fluted
    L-laminated stock
    DM-detachable magazine
    LH-left hand

You can probably get any that I left out by checking out the above site. I'd highly recommend either of the two you were asking about!

It doesn't matter what you shoot, just shoot it well...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They all shoot great,...no differences there.
    Synthetic as it is related to the varmint and sendero models DOES NOT mean the black injection molded plastic stocks like the BDL models. The synthetic stocks on these models are HS Precision stocks of fiberglass, kevlar, graphite and epoxy, with a full length bedding block of aluminum. The price may seem high at first, but check out the HS Precision website,..the stocks sell for almost $300 by themsleves.

Sendero- spanish for "long path". i.e., the nagnum calibers for long range shooting. These were born when the "beanfield rifles" were coming into their fame.

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.