In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Importing a flintlock from USA to Canada

oldflintoldflint Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
How are you doing, Gentlemen!

I was hoping you can point me to the right direction.
I intend to buy a factory made flintlock rifle from GunBroker.com
I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

What should I do to get it, beside winning the bid. How does the transfer work?
The only Canadian Transfer Dealer listed on

http://www.gunbroker.com/user/ffl/dealer_international.asp

is Russells Firearms Limited, Nova Scotia.

But they don't seem to be in business, their email is not responding (actually returns as an error: user doesn't exist ...), toll free phone is not in use, phone doesn't respond.

What are my options?

Thanks so much in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a good friend in Calgary who used to be a gunsmith, and by coincidence used to work for Russell's. He is no longer in the business, but may be able to give you the information you need; as I imported a black powder revolver from him into the States from Canada a number of years ago--so, he may know what happens on your end. Before I forward your message, perhaps you can provide an e-mail address or phone number so that he can contact you?
  • Options
    Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    quote:U.S. law does not consider a flintlock to be a firearm (except California state law, but then CA considers everything to be a gun)
    Not so, even the PRK (Peoples Republik of Kalifornia) does NOT consider a flintlock (or any muzzle stuffer) as a firearm subject to regulation - yet![:0]

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Message received, and info forwarded to your e-mail address. Hope it helps.