In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cleaning rod in .22

hawc202hawc202 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a Hpkins/allen rolling block .22 for $20 dollars the barrel was extremly coroded and filthy. A freind volunteeered to clean it. He soon told me that he got a brass cleaning rod in the barrel. We have tried every thing to get it out. Any sujestions would be appreciated. I think the brass has sort of boned with the rifling. Is there any (Acids) chemicals could break up the corrosian.
Thanks david

Comments

• Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
    Have you tryed Break Free or Bule Wonder gun oil soak it for a little while then give a try.
  • Options
    k.stanonikk.stanonik Member Posts: 2,109 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would try kroil or some sort of penetrating oil then another rod to gently tap the obstruction out. clean right after with blue wonder and a brush.
  • Options
    TED GARTED GAR Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, you are lucky, the rolling block can be cleaned from either direction. If I am thinking of your weapon correctly. The other posts are correct, use some deep penetrating oil let is set in upright position, for a few minutes, and if it starts leaking out, you are in great shape. I would advise a steel rod, because you will break off another brass, or aluminum rod in the process, and that is NOT GOOD. Your barrel is prob crusted up, and the steel rod, cant hurt in any more than it already is...Just round off the tip of the steel rod, I would advise a good brass cleaning brush with a drill to clean that baby out..after the obstruction is removed.