In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EAA\ BAIKAL shotguns

nebrguynebrguy Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
what is the general quality like on the eaa\ baikal line of double bbl. and over \ under shotguns? parts, steel, workmanship, etc ?

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Russian made. Good quality, well made, nice looking guns. Its not a Citori, but it isn't nearly as expensive either.
  • Options
    Randy SmithRandy Smith Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Baikal combination gun - 12 gauge/.308 that I have been using this fall and winter. Balance, workmanship, looks, accuracy and handling characteristics are excellent. I've hunted with a fellow who has a new over/under 12 gauge Baikal and he is quite pleased with it. These really do seem to be good guns - especially for the price currently asked. If you are looking for a bargain I think this is it in the current gun market. I would not part with mine.
  • Options
    PemsPems Member Posts: 193 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot mine for trap, dove and pheasant this year and probably put over 1500 rounds through it. Never had any problems with it. Shot just as many or more birds as the guys with the expensive guns. For the quality and cost you cant't go wrong.
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The September 2002 Gun Tests Magazine said that the Baikal IZH43 SxS shotgun is a buy.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought the .410 o/u and its a very nice little gun.
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You asked about workmanship and the steel. On mine, 20 ga. O/U outside workmanship fit and finish is good, not great but good. Checkering on my is 3rd rate. Bore looks excellent. Inside where you see when the breech is opened, it looks rough like the usual hurry-up job. The inside parts when you remove the stock you see a lot of stamped sheet metal parts. I checked a few and found them properly hardened. All that said, the gun looks good where you look at it. Inside it is as good as it needs to be to do its job and wear well. A good serviceable gun for the price. I like mine. For comparison, I have a Turkish Sarcilmaz 12 ga O/U. All the workmanship on it looks a lot better than the Russky, beautiful wood. Cost was about the same but it's only a basic gun, double triggers, extractor, no choke tubes, etc. I like it too.