In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo Value Question

PauperPauper Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
What would the value of 5 boxes (NEW) of Remintton ammo be? (Super X I think it is aclled - Sabo type - bullet is in plastic jacket - 3 boxes of 30-06 and 2 boxes of 308) It is my understanding that this ammo is no longer available or manufactured by Remington or anyone else.

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    It was referred to as "Accelerator" loads. Check with Iconoclast, I think he collects ammo.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pauper.... As mentioned , that ammo is called accelerator, made by Remington. Super-X was a Winchester trade name.
    Rem made the accelerators in .308, 30-06, and 30-30, I have some in .308 and 30-06. I recently bought some at the auction.
    You can probably get $20.00 to $25.00 per box of 20rnds.
    The bullets are usually .223 size and loaded into the sabots and pushed at almost 4000fps.
  • Options
    Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington still produces 30-30 (R3030A) and 30-06 (R30069) "Accelerator" ammunition.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome, Pauper!

Yes, I am a collector of and dealer in exotic ammo. I don't do much with recent / current production material, but I believe the info provided above is correct. I never shot any, but I've read several times its accuracy is not that great. So there's not much demand for it as either a collectible or shooting ammo at this time. If you don't have much in it, you could salt it away for your grandchildren. In fifty years or so - if we still have the right to own it - it will be of some value to collectors.
  • Options
    PauperPauper Member Posts: 117 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    To all who responded to my inquiry!

Thanks one and all for your expertise and help. I can always depend on the members at this (My "ONLY" hunting supply buying and info site!) site to help on questions I have.

Pauper
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Current wholesale is about $17.

Mobuck