In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Opinions of the SW5?

Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in Ask the Experts
A Federal Agent, that happens to be a member of our shooting group, brought a couple of "Agency Toys" with him last Sunday. Among his toys was a full auto/ suppressed MP5. What can I say? Pure shooting excitement.

I raced home to find out how much the Civ. HK's were and was blasted by the prices. I also found the SW5 listed among them. Now I'm not a fan of "Kit Car Ferrari's", so I wanted to find out if the SW5 is good in it's own right. If not, what must be done to make it functionally sound? Is it better to save up for the real thing?

christian

christian

Comments

• Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't say about the Sw5 but I can say about the SW45. Most of the parts are HK and the weapon is accurate and reliable. The only drawback is I am having trouble with the other spare mags working correctly. The mag that came with the gun is flawless and has NEVER missed a beat. I am currently having a gunsmith working on the others to get them working. For the 45 they use a modified greasegun mag. If you purchase one I think you will be impressed and happy. Good luck and hope this helps.
  • Options
    Mall NinjaMall Ninja Member Posts: 89 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one when they first came out so it has the stainless steel cast receiver, and have had no problems with it at all; feeds reliable with straight stick or curved mags ~ the only time I've had any troubble was with the 40 round asian contract mags. From what I understand some of the s.s. cast receiver had feeding problems but they have been making them from steel stamped receivers for a couple years and have had no problems at all with them.

I've heard Special Weapons is getting out of the civilian market sometime later this year.

g14.gif
  • Options
    Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info... any others?

christian

christian