In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sig 232, HK P7M8, or Glock 26

JgreenJgreen Member Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2003 in Ask the Experts
Thinking of getting one of the above. This will be a carry pistol. In terms of price, the sig and the glock are basically the same; the HK will have to be used, and even then, may still be too much.

I am concerned more with size and concealability and comfort of carry. Of course, I am also weighing that the sig is a 380 and is 8+1, and the Glock is a 9mm with 10+1. The HK is 8+1 as well, but is very expensive. However, I'm a little uncomfortable with the Glock safety. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a P-7 Hk when the first ones hit the shore. Wish I still had it. Very accurate and comfortable to carry. Very safe too with the squeeze cocking handle. That would be my choice.
  • Options
    rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glock.

The H&K is too expensive, the Sig is a 380. The Glock 26 (9mm) is good for carry and plinking. If you are worried about the safety of the Glock, have you ever carried a revolver? There are no safeties on revolvers.
  • Options
    pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've owned a Sig 232 for quite a while now. It is very accurate, goof proof, reliable and easy to pack. There is not really much difference between the .380 and 9mm luger, especially at gunfighting range. A shoulder fired Stinger missile would be my choice for the next firefight, but lacking that a 9mm short or luger will do. Pick the one you have the most confidence with, and practice, practice, practice!!

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like you are trying to stay with a small carry gun. I'd probably go with a Glock, good gun, low maintenance and all that at a decent price. I've wanted an H&K for a long time, but the oppotunity hasn't presented itself. Another gun you might want to check out is the SIG P225. The ultimate decision is how it fits your hand. Some guns do and some don't.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Glock...Maybe a 27 in 40S&W?
  • Options
    Christian B.Christian B. Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a growing collection of carry guns. I've grown most attached to my Sig-239 ( recommend highly ) and my 3 Glock sub-compacts ( 26, 27, and 33 ). I like the Glock 26 because it's inexpensive to practice with... but I like nothing more on my side than the Glock 33 (.357 Sig) when something seems awry. You can load the pre-ban high caps (.40) in the 33. I keep the 9 round mag in for carrying in the holster, and have a kydex mag holder on the other side of me with a high cap in it. I've always kept a round chambered in my Glocks and have had no problems. First rule of safety... keep your finger off the trigger until you intend to fire.

christian

christian
  • Options
    magmag Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the P7 and a P89DC. The Ruger is so bulky that it is literally a pain to carry. A problem not helped by there being less space in my pants as I get older[:I]

The P7 completely solves the problem.

Another aspect of the P7. If the bad guy ends up with your gun will he be able to make it shoot [?]

Ray
  • Options
    19111911 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    my first choice would be the HK if it is at all possible to afford go for it. this is a great gun, i think i would pay the extra money for something i realy wanted insted of settling for second best(choice). All three guns would get the job done, but if i had to choose it would be the HK first (excellent gun but for the price); the glock second (can't get a better bang for your buck); third the Sig (just because it is .380) just my 2 cent. hope i could help
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can get an HK, then do it. I have nothing but good things to say about it. So much so that I have the M8, M13, amd M10. The only bad thing I can think is that magazines are very expensive.