In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1826 Muzzleloader

the tcthe tc Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited November 2003 in Ask the Experts
[?]Help. Just received a 1826 gun from my dad that used to be my granpa's. In pretty good shape-everything is there. I was cleaning the bore today and believe it to be loaded, who knows how long ago? How does one remove a load?
Really want to know what I have......Dated 1826 on barrrel. Under that is what appears to be queen's crown?, under that a capital F and W side by side, centered under those is a capital N, and centered under that is a small capital P. On the stock is "OHIO" in two different places. Can anyone tell me what I have and possibly what it is worth.
I shows a LOT of patina. I assume I don't want to remove any of this on the wood. Do I want to remove any tarnish on the brass? I want to keep the value of the gun.
Any help is appreciated....Thanks.
The TC

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    You're Correct...Don't remove a thing...Leave it as is! It can be unloaded at a later date.... before I go commiting myself...I want to see several Photos of this gun and the Marks...
    I/We await your pleasure........

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff