In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Royal Gun Co. Drilling

catfish391catfish391 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
Any information on a Drilling marked "Royal Gun Co. Wheeling W. Virginia"? Appears to be a sxs 12ga, with a 32-40 rifle barrel.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Good Morning and welcome to the Ask the Experts Forum and the <gunbroker.com> Family..
    Just looked into My data base and all I can come up with is that the ROYAL GUN COMPANY was a Trade Name used by the Three Barrel Gun Company of Wheeling, West Virginia, circa 1906...No Information about Types, Styles or Kinds.....Maybe someone will come onboard with some more information................Best............

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    catfish391catfish391 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info on the Three Barrel Gun Co., I found some more information if anyone is interested.

Frank Hollenbeck was a inventor/designer/manufacturer who received seven patents on guns between 1892 and 1904. He lived at various times in Homer, Batavia, and Syracuse, [all in] New York; and Wheeling West Virginia. He started three separate gun companies. The first was the Hollenbeck Gun Company which operated in Wheeling, WV from 1901 to 1903, and in Moundsville (near Wheeling) from 1903 to 1905. This was succeeded by his next company, the "Three Barrel Gun Company" which made guns with guess how many barrels? They were (I think) the only US company to make version of what the Europeans call "Drillings". The Three Barrel folks then started the "Royal Gun Company" to market their guns, and they operated out of Wheeling from 1908 to 1910. The July 1988 "Gun Report" magazine had an article on Hollenbeck ant Syracuse Arms Co. I recall seeing something about the Three Barrel Gun Co. somewhere a few years ago, but don't recall exactly where...