In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 24 auction

GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I have been watching this auction every week for the better part of a year! Is there no time limit on this stuff?GB should make them lower the reserve? This guy wont even fix the pictures! LOOK

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=34786773

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GB has thousands of items listed continuously. I often get tired of wading through the garbage listings, as they make it difficult to find the auctions where the seller is not playing games. But, GB's owner is in business, & I assume that the current rules work for him. If we ever set up our own gun auction sites, we can make up our own rules.

Remember the Golden Rule: "Whoever has the gold, makes the rules."

Neal
  • Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i personally hate having to wade through all the blaser auctions. they apparently make a blazer in every imaginable caliber. why someone would pay those prices for that ugly of a gun is beyond me.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 2?, contact the person who's selling the M 24. Find out what the reserve is, if he will tell you. If it's to high, ignore the auction in the future. Life is to short, to live in a constant state of aggravation.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    only winchestersonly winchesters Member Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello cartod: Well "countryguntrader" the seller, is about a french fry short of a happy meal. I've seen his auctions, his pictures are of poor angles, list the same picture multiple times, fails to give an accurate description, (on the Winchesters I've seen him list). Even though he has real good feed back, I wouldn't bid on any Winchester he has listed. From what I've seen of his sell, it's at top dollar. This auction on his Md 24 shows seveal pictures of the bottom of the receiver. It has a reserve and a starting price of $400. Well, just based on the wear on the bottom, he's real close to the selling price without a reserve. He's been trying to sell a "Md12 Trap" for a couple of years, and won't tell you it was a standard field grade gun, that someone put an after market vent rib on. Plus it has non factory stocks.

But since once you pay for the ad, it can be relisted over and overwith no additional charge, your kind of stuck seeing it.

Regards Dave