In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dates on Bid History

BradyBrady Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I am confused about the dates displayed for the bid history. It seems that the names of the bidders are displayed in chronological order, with the latest successful bidder at the top, along with the date, but the dates are NOT displayed in chronological order. Am I missing something?

TIA, Brady

Comments

• Options
    bperdue21bperdue21 Member Posts: 1,457 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    what may be happening is a proxy bid. this is when a person has bid lets say 250, but the highest bid at the time was 200. the bid was placed at 10:00 am monday. someone tuesday at 10:00 am bids 240. the time for the previous bid will be the same as when the first bidder made it. post the auction and i will check it out. or check out the bid history my auction and tell me if this is what is happening.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewBidHistory.asp?Item=35033422
    if this is what is happening, what i said is correct. the buyer placed the highest bid and has bid enough to maintain that high bid throughout the auction.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.
  • Options
    BradyBrady Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bperdue21
    what may be happening is a proxy bid. this is when a person has bid lets say 250, but the highest bid at the time was 200. the bid was placed at 10:00 am monday. someone tuesday at 10:00 am bids 240. the time for the previous bid will be the same as when the first bidder made it.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Thanks for the response. In the one I was looking at, the present high bidder was listed for the first time, but the date of his bid was much earlier than previous bids by others. Extending your scenario, maybe his original max bid was not initially high enough to capture the current bid. Then later, he may have raised his max bid enough to capture the bid, but the date listed remained the same as his initial max bid. Does that sound right?

Thanks, Brady