In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Aguila Mini-Buckshot

JAK71454JAK71454 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know anything about the 12 GA Mini-Buckshot by Aguila. They look to be about 2" long. I have seen them in dual loads, slugs and birdshot. What is the advantage if any? What about the dual loads, sound good but is it? Jim

Jim Kammerer

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    They're made to pack extra rounds in your shotgun. A shorter round allows capacity to bump up.

Love them Beavers
    info_EB.gif
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used these rounds. The problem is they do not cycle semi-autos, and feed poorly in pumps due to their very short case. They have a tendancy to flip over when feeding.

The only gun they are reliable in is break-open doubles and singles.

Joe
    "Never let school interfere with your education"
  • Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Laredo Lefty
    I have used these rounds. The problem is they do not cycle semi-autos, and feed poorly in pumps due to their very short case. They have a tendancy to flip over when feeding.

The only gun they are reliable in is break-open doubles and singles.

Joe

..where they would serve NO PURPOSE if the goal is increased capacity. [:(]
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ramtinxxl....... That was my point. They are a cute gimmick and thats about it.

Joe
  • Options
    rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly you have to make a modification to pump guns to get them to cycle right. Also there was a "mini-shotgun" designed to use these shells. It was in G&A or American Rifleman back when these first came out.

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg
  • Options
    Jake_S-83Jake_S-83 Member Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a box of them last year. the only gun they cycled reliably in was a winchester 1300. also tried in an 870, mossberg 590, and an old stevens 620.