In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AMT 357 SIG ANY INFO?

PROWLERJUNKYPROWLERJUNKY Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
A buddy of mine just purchased an AMT 357 SIG it is like new in the original box. I have looked for some background on this gun but no luck. I know it was a limited run and i feel before its time but does anyone know how limited? Any info would be great......thanks

Comments

• Options
    SpazSpaz Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was told by some old ex-police officers that the back up AMT pistols only serve there purpose when you drop them into the bottom of a long tube sock and use that as a heavy swinging black jack.

Spazzzzz
  • Options
    BamavolBamavol Member Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is dark. You are a bad guy. Surprise, you are shot in the gut by your victim. How do you know that you were shot with a AMT or A Colt?

Bamavol
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got this information from the BB. AMT marked "Backup Pistols" chambered in .357 Sig, were only manufactured for a short period of time prior to 1998. When Galena Industries took over production and moved to South Dakota.

No specific dates or number manufactured are given, other then app. 1996 to 1998.

I'm not aware in any great collector demand/value for any of the AMT handguns. Many seemed to have issues with quality of materials and workmanship.

luger_4.jpg