In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Comfort For Open Carry

diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I already have a Concealed carry holster on the way thanks to KDHolsters. I was wondering if anyone had a preferance to open-carry ie. paddle holster or belt or what. I'll be using a Ruger KP3435PR so my options are limited. Thanks for the info.

_bm.jpg God is good. God is great.
Only God can make a Boatswain's Mate!

Comments

• Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I perfer the ones that are hooked on the belt and just cover the action and the trigger. I have one that has a thumb break and one that dosent for 2 different carry guns. I like both of them about the same. I was not sure of the idea of a holster without a thumb break but I was limited by holster choice for this gun, like you might be. I have had no problems with this holster and would buy another one again.

John

UPDATE:

Here is what I carry my Glock 17 in http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/*.php?TxtModelID=5

Here is what I carry my Double stack Kimber in http://www.gouldusa.com/catalog/showModel.php?modelID=84&line=Gold+Line
  • Options
    diznuffdiznuff Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah I like the look of that type of holster. Got a name for that design?

_bm.jpg It's better to have it and not need it, Than to need it and not have it.
  • Options
    BigBarnBigBarn Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as holsters go, you would be hard pressed to do better than the Kydex holsters offered by Uncle Mike's, and I think at Bianchi also. I have two of them, and they are bullet proof, will not break under extreme use, and fit my guns (Sig P220, and Springfield XD-9) perfectly!
    If you are carrying concealed, you might want to look into something that "hugs" the body a little tighter, and does not show an obvious "bulge" under your clothing.
    Good luck,

BigBarn[:o)]

"Respect the land, and it will respect you"
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Unless you are in Law Enforcement why would you open carry? You do it aroud here and there will be alot of questions.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I open carry when hunting.
  • Options
    JAK71454JAK71454 Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You hunt with a 45? In many states it is illegal to carry a pistol while hunting. Jim

Jim Kammerer
  • Options
    joel_blackjoel_black Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Wisconsin where there is no provision for concealed carry, you can carry a handgun non-concealed and use them for hunting. On the other hand, in Florida where you can easily get a concealed carry permit, you can be arrested if that concealed carry weapon can be seen.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In Indiana many years ago one could carry concealed or unconcealed. Moved away and in SC it must be concealed.
  • Options
    Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a Binchi Minimalist for concealed or open. However, though it is legal to carry openly anywhere in CO (except Denver), as Cartod said you will get a lot of questions and strange looks in most places. I carried open quite frequently before I got my CCW permit, and the sheriff's deputies will stare you up and down. Kinda freaks out some merchants, too. Not something folks are used to in this day and age.

Save the seals-club a liberal instead.
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I open carry at least once a week.

We (gun owners) NEED to open carry and get people used to seeing guns. Then they won't be so freaked out by them. Rarely does anyone say anything, but people do look sometimes.

No big deal. It is legal, and I'm going to do it. If they don't like it, screw'em [}:)]

Merc

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. " - Al Capone, (1899-1947)

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt