In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hard chrome?

TAZ080TAZ080 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
What do you guys think if i hard chrome my sig sauer p229 barrel? is it going to take anything Mechanically away or Accuracy wise?

Comments

• Options
    Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would you hard chrome the barrel?

Save the seals-club a liberal instead.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why would you hard chrome the barrel?
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello we have been building match 1911 style 45s and contour grinding /turning the front of the barrel with a ball sort of like a S&W model 52. and then honeing the bushing for .003 clearance then having the inside of bushing and last few inches of the outside of barrel hard cromed .002 each . then diamond lapping for .0005 fit Never wears out barrel to bushing fit. Sort of like the BRILEY spherical bushing.This could work on any barrel bushing set up but hard crome inside of barrels does not give as good of accuracy as plain barrel steel. "PRAISE THE HARDBALL GUN"
  • Options
    TAZ080TAZ080 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just want to hard chrome the outside of the barrel so that it looks like the slide silver, I have a two tone p229.
    thank you for the replies!!!!!