In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spartan Side by side Shotgun bty Remington

jdolso1jdolso1 Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I'm looking to buy a Spartan side by side 12ga shotgun by Remington. I love the look and feel of the gun. The price is great and for what I want it seems to be perfect. Does anyone know anything about them? My local gun dealer says they are good guns and they have no problems with them.

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Made in Russia. I typed in "Spartan Shotgun" in my browser and came up with immediate results... Positive, I might add.

Would I buy one if I could afford a Red Label? No! Would I buy one if I wanted to shoot and my budget only allowed a Spartan? Probably.

Nord
  • Options
    ddhotbotddhotbot Member Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jdolso1,i bought 2 of these before remington took over the importation of them.these were imported by eaa,i have the 12 and 20ga.i really like them.well made guns,just not alot of ginger bread.i have shot alot of skeet with mine with noproblems at all.hope this helps don
  • Options
    springer1springer1 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been to a hunting preserve
    that used them as rentals,they had
    good things to say,cheap but seem
    to hold up ,but they were only 3 years old
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EAA dropped the Russian Izmash / Baikal line. Don't recall why, most likely price increase.

Remington picked up the shotgun line and is using the name Spartan instead of Baikal. Good guns!

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg