In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

beretta 25.

Edmond_DantesEdmond_Dantes Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
i got a little beretta this morning, but i dont know what model it is. so help is of course needed.
Tiny little gun. starting on left side, P. BERETTA-CAL 6.35-CARDONE V.T. has a safety lever that flips from above trigger "SAFE" position to behind trigger "FIRE" position grips are black plastic with beretta logo. has a grip safety, firing pin sticks out rear when cocked(like raven, lorcin..)Right side of gun. on slide, MADE IN ITALY, and a proof mark at the rear. looks like a shield with a sword on it, with a star in a cicle above the shield.
on frame. SER # 1366##. Behind trigger is the same star in circle with PSF below it. below that is the same proof as on the slide. last we have 1956 stamped on it.

Slide and barrel are blued, frame has a greenish tint to it, maybe wearing on the blue?

anyway, i'll try to get pics up Saturday of it. any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your grip-safety Beretta .25 dates to the post W W I era, when it was originally marketed as the M 1919. It was in more or less continuous production, ( with minor changes ), until the 1950's, ( Model 418 ), when it was sold in this country as the "Bantam". Chances are, the frame/receiver are alloy. Check it with a magnet.

As Beretta brought out new .25 Auto models in the early 1950's, ( M-950 ), to replace the older design, yours with a 1956 date is probably one of the last ones made/sold.

luger_4.jpg